In 2007, the European Commission launched the European Year of equal opportunities for all. As part of this initiative, ETUC organised different events during the year, including two conferences on:
- ‘Tools, mechanisms and instruments to put gender mainstreaming at the heart of ETUC’, which took place in Berlin on 5-6 March 2007;
- ‘Non discrimination of disabled people as regards access to employment and vocational training’ in cooperation with the European Disability Forum (EDF), which took place in Portugal in the autumn of 2007.
- “From membership to leadership: advancing women in trade unions. Towards the ETUC Congress 2011”, Berlin, 28 October 2010
- “From membership to leadership: advancing women in trade unions”, Luxembourg, 11-12 March 2010
- Extending equality: Trade union actions to organise and promote equal rights, respect and dignity for workers regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity, which took place in Belgium in January 2008.
- Domestic Workers Conference: Out of the shadow organising domestic workers, which took place in Belgium in April 2005
Further information and achievements
- See the official Commission website on the European Year of equal opportunities for all
- See the ETUC reports on Women in trade unions: Making the difference (2003) and Women in trade unions: Bridging the gaps (2007)
Safety Reps Project Conference: Health Safety and Risk Prevention Towards better information, consultation and participation of workers within companies
Sustainable Mobility and Integrated Planning in Urban Areas: Trade Union Dialogue with Local Authorities
‘SAFETY REPS’ WORKSHOP Health Safety and Risk Prevention Towards better information, consultation and participation of workers within companies
Invitation to the press: High-level conference - ETUC 40th anniversary - Celebrating the past looking to the future